The true origins of Cooper & Co. have been lost in the annals of history, however, what is known is that on 24th June 1834 Thomas Cooper, Richard Cooper and John Stringer formed a new venture as Thomas Cooper and Co, which handled the wholesale of commodities.
The business is recorded to have operated from addresses across London and Brighton selling tea directly to consumers in varying amounts. By the mid 1800s the company was engaged in international trade to various British colonies with the Cooper & Co. trading network encompassing much of the world.
A front page advertisement in an 1890 edition of the Jersey Evening Post shows Cooper & Co. traded on King Street and were known as Tea Men with their own Tea shop. This makes Cooper's one of the oldest remaining locally owned Jersey companies, a fact of which we are hugely proud.
Today Cooper & Co trades from three sites in Jersey. 57 Halkett Place is the hub of our roasting, packing and retail operation.